Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Words of Wisdom

My Cute Graphics

You know I was listening to the radio the other day and I head a great piece of advice. Now this is not my analogy, nor did I catch the name of the person it came from, nevertheless, I still wanted to share. All of us are such busy bodies going from here to there and never catching a break. Sometimes the only times we stop, think, and thank God are in moments when something is wrong or not going out way. There are things that happen in life that we may not be able to control and ultimately have to give our worries and concerns to God. I will be the first to mention that this is extremely hard for me to do as a control freak and as someone who worries about everything. I am the type of person that cannot go on to WebMD because if I read it, I have it, kind of thing. You feel me?

As a teacher, this analogy really hit home to me. You know in professional developments how they say to activate prior knowledge, or to relate ideas to real world examples? Well that is what happened when I heard this…

The analogy stems from a teachers point of view. Pretend you are looking at a student in your room; a student who is raising his/her hand. You know from experience that this student needs help in some type of a way and is raising his/her hand to get and answer.

Now this may sound cheesy, but God is our teacher, our comforter, our question- answerer. If a student does not raise his/her hand for help, he/she may never receive an answer or is simply not looking for an answer from anyone else but themselves. We are so quick to try to resolve problems on our own and end up even more lost and unsure about what to do. If we could all be better "students" and simply raise our hands upward, seeking the answer, comfort, or whatever it is we need, God will always provide.

All of us go through tricky times and think of it this way: If the world were only a place of sunshine and no rain, it would shrivel and dry up. Whether we are stressed about job situations, students, parents, what have you, "rain" is going to happen.

Stop dwelling on the unknown, and focus on what you do know. For me that is the Truth, God's Word.
I don't know about you, but the next time I go through a rough patch, I'm going to raise my hand and look in the upward direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment