Tuesday, July 1, 2014

DIY Classroom Decor--Inspirational Poster Board

Over my many year of Pinterest I have seen the cutest things. My goodness Pinterest is great, is it not?!?! One of the many things that I had pinned long before I even had my classroom was an inspirational poster that encourages students and lets them know that they are loved and cared for. I love the message it conveys and I decided it was time to make my own! I pulled up the image on the computer as you can see below and went to town on my own :) I have no idea who "coined" this originally but props to them for such an inspiring message.

Since I am adding bright colors to my classroom this year, I decided on a pretty purple poster board that you can get at your local Michaels, Hobby Lobby, or crafting store. I already had a paint marker from a craft I was previously working on. I chose to use a white paint crayon to offset the bright purple. I looked back and forth at the computer and then my poster board. Back and Forth. Back and Forth. 

I also decided to pick up some cute scrapbook flowers to add just a touch more flair to my poster. I also chose to add flowers because when you buy a poster board, you know how there is a barcode sticker stuck right onto the poster board? Yea, well it left an off-colored, ugly blob right in plain sight so naturally, I had to cover it up! This craft project was so much fun because I love drawing new fonts and letters. This is what my final project looked like and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. This was my first Made It Monday projects of many to come. 


You are going to LOVE what it coming next for Made It Monday! Stay tuned and for now, follow me on instagram for sneak peeks and previews! @mrscoutouzis

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. I love your inspirational poster. I have one above my door but I definitely need to jazz it up for the next school year!

    Jasmine
    Buzzing With Mrs. McClain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! So great:) YES! Make a new one!

    ReplyDelete