Thursday, July 3, 2014

Currently July

I am linking up with Farley from Oh' Boy 4th Grade for this month's Currently July! Here we go.




Listening: Currently I am listening to Queen Bey. AKA Beyonce. MY FAV. I'm not sure why I love her so much, but I do. Maybe because she is part diva? ha. I guess we will never know! Maybe because her voice is simply gorgeous and I like to think that I can sing like her. A girl can pretend, can't she!? 

Loving: Right now I think it is safe to say that I am ADDICTED to Venti Iced coffees sweetened with cream from Starbucks. I have literally been going every. day. for the past week. Now sweetened with cream is an important part of my order because I cannot stand bitter coffee! My best friend likes to always tell me that " it is not the coffee that is strong, but the coffee consumer that is weak." HA. well whatever the case may be, I do not think that I will ever be able to drink black coffee. I like to tell my husband that getting one every day makes me a more productive wife;) I am not sure if he believes me--but he loves me so he lets me get one of course:) 

Thinking: "I need to go to the gym in the morning." Right now I am not very motivated as I sit in my bed and watch TV. It is a personal goal of mine to go to the gym at least 4 days a week and burn at least 500 calories while I am there. My goodness.. I will be the first one to admit-- sometimes it is hard to muster up the motivation, but I feel so good when I walk out of the gym! I think that is my favorite part, walking out. 

Wanting: I am trying to get my name out there in the blogging community. I am a "newbie" and have been researching and adding others. I have had so much fun just in the short time that I have been doing this! This will be one of my first link parties! I am so excited to see all of these fun ideas and I am on my instagram (@mrscoutouzis) even longer now to spot neat ideas for the classroom! Soon I will be producing TPT items, but for now I am just making things for my classroom. Does anyone have any suggestions to obtain more followers and to connect to teachers!? 

Needing: to deep clean my house. I thought that being home this summer the house would be more easily kept. HA. you can laugh with me. Being home makes me want to be lazy is all. I have a large list that I want to get to before school returns. My list includes every room in the house and pays attention to every nook and cranny. I have yet to cross it off. I am a lists person and sometimes (I'll admit) my lists contain useless and non-productive items like 1. Shower,  2.) Get dressed, etc. At least thing way I can cross something off;)

4th plans: I am super excited for tomorrow. I love, love, love the 4th of July! Tomorrow we are attending a BBQ at my in-laws which includes baked beans, hamburgers, hot dogs, lots of chips, and one of my absolute favorites…roasted corn. Roasted corn takes me way back to when I spent all day at the State Fair and walked around munching on one before hitting up all of the rides. Needless to say, I can't wait! I am also going to make a French Vanilla cake with Cool Whip frosting and use the strawberries and blueberries to resemble a flag. Cute right? I thought so, too!


That shows you a glimpse on what is going on in my life! I look forward to talking to some of you and reading about your current plans and excitements! I cannot believe that it is already July! Time sure is flying by and the school year will be here before you know it. We won't mention that right now;) 

Now Back to the Linky


XOXO

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kayla! Welcome to bloggersville. I find it such great fun! I recommended you on g+. If you link yourself up there I'll follow you! Also I do a Funny Kid Friday link-up. I get a lot of views on those days so if you have a goodie, link up! I just posted it: http://www.kidpeopleclassroom.com/2014/07/funny-kid-friday-mick-jagger.html See you around!
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. Your link back to Farley doesn't seem to be working.

      Delete
    2. Fixed the link:) Thank you for your response! I will definitely check into linking and doing that! I'm pretty wiped after today! :) See you around!

      Delete
  2. Hey Kayla!
    I am not a veteran blogger by any means, but I have found that doing linky parties is a great way to get your name out there in the blogging world! Also, make sure you are using TPT and Instagram, lots of connections are made there too!
    Kate
    Sweet Tea and Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your response! Yes, those definitely seem to be the ways to do it! Still working on it, but you gotta start somewhere right?! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Kayla! Welcome to the world of blogging - it's a lot of fun! I have been deep cleaning my house this summer, and it feels so good. I'm glad to know that someone else makes crazy lists like I do. Sometimes I write things down I've already done so I can just cross them off! ha!

    As for more followers, definitely get out & about on Instagram (just started following you!), join up on the linkys like this one & Five for Friday, host milestone giveaways, and just network. It'll come :) Happy to "meet" you & think your blog is too cute!

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly,
      Thank you so much for your response! I am definitely loving the blogging world! Yes. Definitely with you there with the lists;) Thank you for following me! I checked and I think I was already following you but I look forward to seeing your instagram updates and seeing you around the blogging world:)

      Delete