Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Currently December

Oh my! Where has all the time gone? The Christmas season is upon us and soon it will be the end of 2014. My Goodness--this year has flown by! I'm a little late to the party, but I'm still going to join Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade;) It's been a busy start to the month and my students are keeping me on my toes! Here we go December.

LISTENING: Boy, I tell you. My husband is quite the trooper! He has dealt with me learning the ropes of blogging, Teachers Pay Teachers, and Linky Parties! I still have a lot to learn, but he is patient with me as my eyes are always glued to the computer screen! He's been able to catch up on his BAZILLION shows he has recorded;)

LOVING: All of the Christmas decorations everywhere. My instagram is flooded with Christmas tree pictures and jolly photos! The Christmas music is playing in department stores, and I am finally getting in the mood now that Thanksgiving is over! I love Christmas, however, I love fall decorations and fall things as well and they are a little hard for me to say goodbye to!

THINKING: About all of the stuff I need to get done! I have been multitasking like a madwomen! I have been creating on TPT, cleaning, blogging, planning for my school Christmas party, planning for 100th day of school, trying to maintain organization, as well as keeping motivation to work out! Yikes. No wonder my mind is always wondering! So Much to do, so little time…


WANTING: To get my desktop cleaned up. As I sit here and blog, it is driving me BONKERS that not everything is in its place and not everything is neatly labeled and accessible. I've become quite anal my second year of teaching now that I know what I am doing and that I can actually BE organized this year:)

NEEDING: To make some lists. I don't know about you, but I am a "lists" kind of girl. I make lists for EVERYTHING. It's sort of a stress reliever when I can cross things off. I am guilty of putting  things on my list like "wake up at 7am" "shower" JUST so I can cross them off. No judging, it makes me feel productive! I need to make a priority list of my next creation on Teachers Pay Teachers while my inspiration is here!

GIVING: Speaking of Teachers Pay Teachers. My advice. Since I began my journey, I have read tons of blog posts, screenshotted lots of pictures, and done lots of research on how this all works. I must say, there have been times when someone does not comment on a blog I took the time to write or when someone does not "like" my post. Sometimes I get down and out about the little things that should not matter. I sat back and realized that "Kayla, you cannot compare yourself to them because they have been at it way longer than you have." Now, is it okay to make that my goal? Why, of course! You just can't expect things to come overnight. I've always been the type of person that when I want something, I want it NOW. With weight loss, with followers, with likes, with everything! Remember that old fable "The Tortoise and The Hare" well, think of it kind of like that. One day at a time, creating one thing at a time, gaining one follower at a time, you'll get there.

A little celebration: I've been creating more and more, I'm getting better about blogging, and I'm attending my FIRST blogger meet up THIS weekend in Houston. I cannot be more excited and I am anxious to meet some teacher friends from around my area!

Thank you for stopping by! Have a great week:)
Check out what is going on in the lives of others back at the linky!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kayla, I just found you on Currently. My husband watches TV while I blog and create curriculum. Best wishes.
    Mary
    Artistry of Education

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is ADORABLE! And I have to laugh at your "listening". That describes my life almost every single night (except for when Chicago Fire is on, I'll put my computer away for that)! Ha, good ol' husbands :)

    Brie - Breezy Special Ed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun at your blogger meet up. I haven't found many PA bloggers so I am jealous!

    Brynn Allison
    The Literary Maven

    ReplyDelete