Friday, September 26, 2014

Five For Friday: The Weekend is Here!

Hi friends! It has been such a long time since I have joined in the Five for Friday linky party--goodness! Well, now I am back and ready to share. I have a spare moment!  Thanks Doodle Bugs Teaching for hosting this each week! Let's dig right in!
Last night was open house at our school! This is an informational night for parents to inform them what papers are for, what our schedule is, guidelines, dress codes, all of that jazz. I thought it went very well!  All of our parents seem to be very supportive and I think it will be a great year with them! I always get so nervous talking in front of adults. Anyone else? My cheeks get so hot and my tongue gets flustered. I would much rather speak in front of a group of first graders like I do everyday;)


I just gave my second giveaway on my instagram account! I was a tad bit disappointed with the turn out but I have to keep reminding myself that I am not one of the big dogs yet! Slow and steady wins the race, right?! I know I will be there one day, one follower at a time. I have grown tons and learned so much since I have started the blogging world at the end of June! A small milestone is just ahead! I now have 450 instagram followers whom I love dearly! 500 is in the making:) I'm looking forward to making more teacher friends and reading all of your great ideas throughout the year!
I have been busy, busy, busy creating since I have last chatted with you! I think I am addicted and although there is not much time after school, I usually try to create one product each weekend. Here's what I have been up to!

Number puzzles are numbers 1-20 that show different ways to represent each number! There are also blank template puzzles for differentiation as well as puzzles with the number typed on top with blank puzzles for them to draw and represent each number! I think they turned out very cute! 

These are one of my favorites! Students match capital and lowercase letters with the ice cream match edition! I just LOVE these:)



I have had a lot of absences this week from school. The weekend could not come soon enough! This will give students the time they need to get better so they do not keep giving it to one another! Luckily, I have not gotten any sicknesses as of yet---KNOCK ON WOOD! My husband always tells me that I strengthen his immune system because who knows what I am bringing home!


My plans for this weekend are absolutely NOTHING. I am going to sleep in, relax, and  spend time with my husband. I cannot wait. You should do the same! :)

Don't forget to check the rest of the linky party to read about what's going on in the lives of teachers!
Have a great weekend!





XOXO


1 comment:

  1. Glad your open house went well. Hope you enjoy your weekend of fun and relaxation!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete